Have you seen the handy little new plugin from Facebook?
You can now install Facebook messenger on your website. This allows you to chat with your website visitors through the messenger platform, directly on your website.
Want to see what it looks like? Head to the PopUpSchool website, as we have just installed it! (oh and feel free to send a message to say hi!)
Want to add it to your site too?
- On your Facebook Page, click Settings and select Messenger platform.
- In the Customer chat plugin section, click Set Up.
- You can customise the plugin. Set a greeting message, response time and theme colour to suit your business.
- Enter the website domain(s) you’d like to add Messenger to. An example of a website domain is https://jaspers-market.com.
- Once you’ve finished, the setup tool will automatically generate a code that you can copy/paste to your web page.
Now you just need to install the code in the footer of your page.
Why install it?
First of all, it’s a very easy setup and you get the benefits of directly chatting to your customers, without having to install a live-chat plugin.
But more importantly, it’s connecting you to them on so many levels, not just on your website… You’re in their contacts and connected to their Facebook and phone messenger app.
Have you tried it? Let me know what you think?